Over the past couple of years, I have done quite a bit of writing on the great Solemnity of the Annunciation of Our Lord, which is yet again coming up on the liturgical calendar this Wednesday, March 25. Trying to avoid repetition from the past, for today’s “Mondays with Mary”, I have decided to simply list for you the five blog posts that I have written so far on the Annunciation.
It’s my hope, as it is always, that you will share these posts via your social media sites or copy and paste quotes from them to share on your social media sites.
The list below is no particular order –
1. “Mondays with Mary” – The Teachings of Mary’s Virginity in the Catechism
2. “Mondays with Mary” – Saint Francis de Sales on the Annunciation
3. “Mondays with Mary” – Mary’s Faith at the Annunciation
4. “Mondays with Mary” – ‘The Handmaid of the Lord’
5. “Mondays with Mary” – ‘May it be done to me according to your word’
On Wednesday, I will add the sixth blog post focusing on the Annunciation. I hope that you will return to read that blog post and share it as well with you family and friends (Update: 10 Heart-Piercing Quotes on the Annunciation).
The role Mary plays in Salvation History is fundamental and many people simply don’t understand it. When asked this weekend at the Diocese of Phoenix Men’s Conference about the importance of Mary during the Question and Answer Panel, Dr. Peter Kreeft said Mary is important to the life of the Church like “an airfield is important to a plane.” Simple, yet profound.
Leave a Comment Below